I suggest you ...

Email distribution or RSS feed for hotfixes for "known" issues that aren't so "known" (business impact)

It would be helpful to have an RSS Feed or email distribution so when "known Issues" internal to microsoft are "known", the community in general will also know.

for example, there was a hotfix for an issue created with UR12 for system center affecting replication. Our engineering team had to open a case with microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54854

Admittedly, in this case, the title of the article for the hotfix does not imply that it fixes our specific replication issue which was caused by UR12 but when we call in and are told it is a "known Issue", it would be nice to "Know" it is a "known issue".

This has caused business risk for us since we do expect replication is happening in case of recovery so if this replication is not happening, we are at risk with downtime.

I realize communication can be an area of "you send to much" or "you don't send enough". In the case of known issues... I'd rather know of one and ignore than to not know and be troubleshooting.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Craig PeroCraig Pero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...